Monday, February 15, 2010

A saddled lion running through the thicket

When I started writing this Wilco [You and I] came on the radio, so it'll be a good post, right? Wrong, random-wrong. I'm rereading My Name is Asher Lev, and it still makes me want to be a little Jewish. Oh crap, Neil Young [Winterlong - live!] just came on the radio, seriously this is the best station ever. Ever. A couple of nights ago I played my first game of Risk ever and won. I was playing Kaci and Ryan [Sarah too, but she had fallen asleep by this point]. Kaci was dominating, so Ryan and I formed an alliance of sorts and I put the final nail in the coffin. It was then determined that the name of our empire is [was] Beardanzia. For the past few days we have been inventing a history of our beloved homeland, perhaps it will see the light of day. LOST is great, even though I have no idea of how it's all going to turn out. Pancake Day is tomorrow, and I'm not really prepared at all. It will be glorious all the same. I think I might give up Facebook for Lent, not sure though. A year ago I wrote the infamous "Her?" post. One of the pledges [via Kaci] ended up being Sarah, so I guess I'll call that a successful campaign. And it was a little weird having a girlfriend on Valentine's Day. For those of you who knew me at Trinity, you will be happy/angry to know that I did not wear my traditional VDay black t-shirt. My EHBS constitutes of old, prepare your hearts. I'm really tired of driving in the snow. If I could do any three events in the Winter Olympics, in order of awesomeness: Biathlon, Skeleton, and Curling. Perhaps Beard Growing could be an Winter Olympic event. I had a dream that the snow had melted and that the grass was green, it was amazing. I'm pretty excited for that dream to come true. I'm glad we can laugh about this. I am hoping that the 104 Family can reunite this summer, even if there isn't an "official" reason for getting together, i.e. a wedding. I started thinking about seeing them the other day and I got a little teary-eyed at the thought. It would be more than good to see them, and surely as unsafe as possible. What a difference a year makes. you have my love.

4 comments:

kaci jo said...

I remember my pledge very well! Yay for successful campaigns. You two make me smile a whole lot! I'm still a little bitter about the lame alliance. Yep I'm still bitter. I'm excited for my second pancake day ever. Oh Lost, so interesting, so many questions. Here's the question is it Beardanzia or Beardenzia...I prefer the e, but I'll go with whatever. I'm kind of sad the second game night was not mentioned, but I figure that is because you are afraid to mention your defeat. Again did I mention I may still be a bit embittered?

Anonymous said...

One year at Trinity, you gave me a card on a day that happened to be Valentine's Day.. it was on black paper, written in silver pen, and it said "Happy Thursday!" :)

Anonymous said...

One year at Trinity, you gave me a card on a day that happened to be Valentine's Day.. it was on black paper, written in silver pen, and it said "Happy Thursday!" :)

Travis said...

Kaci - for whatever reason I forgot the other game night, plus I'm not entirely convinced that the guys really lost. I'm sure there will be a rematch of sorts someday soon. And sorry that we talk about beards so much. But not really sorry enough to stop talking about them.

Stef - I recall that! Oh such bitterness that was harboured towards a silly holiday. Oh well, glad I can enjoy it these days. Is it celebrated at all in England?