Saturday, February 21, 2009

Four quick thoughts

This semester has been a busy one. Not hard, but busy. A lot of small projects to keep me occupied. There have been more than a few moments in which I have felt discouraged, but there have also been a couple of instances that have been really affirming in regards to the path that I am on.

I was thinking the other day about my phone conversations of five years ago with one Joshua Overbay. The absurdity we spoke of over the phone was a brilliant light that I miss. As pleased as I am with my current life, I wish that both he and I had the schedules to converse in such a manner again. Maybe when we both finish with this thing called academia.

My dog, Knucklehead - a Brittney spaniel, turned thirteen years old yesterday. That's ninety-one in dog years. Which means what exactly? Anyway, for an old timer he still loves to run and pee on things. Not at the same time of course.

I watched Slumdog Millionaire last night. A beautiful film. In all honesty it in some ways it was a bit demoralizing. For someone who aspires to write, it makes me question whether or not I will ever be able to write anything that comes even close to being that good. That being said, I started working on a short film project for this summer - it's exciting, but intimidating as it will be my first real script. I'll keep it at that for now. you have my love.


Her? Campaign pledges: 4
Her? Campaign contacts: 1

No comments: