Thursday, February 12, 2009

Manual labor

I've had some fun manual labor projects as of late. I thought it would be fun to share some pictures of what these projects entail. The first is of the massive warehouse project that involves the moving of upwards to seven-thousand boxes of files, all by the means of two-wheelers. Fun times.

The project starts here, the files from the Eighties [imagine files here].


We move them to here.


Then we move the files from the Nineties...


to where we had the Eighties.


And then we move the files from oh-six and beyond...


to where we had the Nineties.


This is the path that we are taking in between the Eighties and the Nineties.
w

Another project that I had going on was a little framing on my parents' farm. They built a metal building and part of it will be a lofted living area. My dad and I had the task of setting the I-joists to create the floor of the upper level.

Before.


After from below.


After from the upper level.


This kept my hands warm.


This is actually from when we put the windows and doors in, but so you get an idea of what we are working with.


This is going to take up a lot of blogpage. Oh well. If you've made it this far, brace yourself for the San Valentino's Dia post. Saint Valentine's Day for our non-Spanish speaking friends. you have my love.

1 comment:

lynette said...

thanks for including us on your everyday adventure. the video goes well with song #20 on the darjeeling limited soundtrack.